There’s been a lot of debate over the NFL’s decision to move the Pro Bowl to the weekend before the Super Bowl, and hold it in the same city, Miami, instead of Hawaii. Where it’s been for 30 years.
Honestly, it doesn’t matter if you agree, or think it was about as intelligent as the cast of Jersey Shore… one thing is certain: Both weekends are gonna be big for tailgating.
And both of these weekends deserve something better than just plain burgers and dogs on the grill. Super Bowls demand super tailgates. Even if you’re just having the guys over, you’ll want to put out something a little more high-end than the typical party food.
But that doesn’t mean difficult. Here are three easy recipes from Frank’s RedHot that’ll add a little Super fuel to your Super Bowl.
Classic Baby Back Ribs
12 racks Baby back ribs, membrane removed
3/4 cup Rib rub
5 cups Cattlemen’s® Honey Barbecue Sauce
1 cup Frank’s® RedHot® Chile ‘n Lime™ Hot Sauce
1. Rub each rib rack with 1 tbsp. spice rub. Bake ribs in 225°F oven until tender, about 2 hours. Cool, cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Combine Honey BBQ Sauce and Chile ‘n Lime Hot Sauce.
3. For each serving, reheat rib rack on char grill basting with 1/4 cup sauce, taking care not to burn sauce, until ribs are heated through. Serve with 2 oz. sauce.
Fiery Guacamole Dip
2 small ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
3 tablespoons Frank’s® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or Frank’s® RedHot® XTRA HOT Cayenne Pepper Sauce
3 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
Coarsely mash avocados in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill. Serve with tortilla chips. [Makes 1 1/2 cups]
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
3 tbsp. any flavor Frank’s® RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
12 mini dinner rolls
Lettuce and shredded cheese
1. Mix beef, bell pepper, and Buffalo Wings Sauce; shape into 12 mini patties.
2. Grill or broil patties about 6 min. for medium doneness, turning once.
3. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce and cheese.