Summer vacation time is here. And when you’re planning yours, take my advice and make sure Houston is on the agenda. With a side trip to Atlanta.
Why? Because Trojan condoms did their “Pleasure Survey” and both those cities score at the top of the list in both Sexual Frequency and Sexual Satisfaction.
Down in Houston, they’re knocking cowboy boots an average of 101 times a year. Or about every 3 days. Trouncing second place Hot-lanta which came in with 88 times a year. The national average? 79 times a year, or about 1 and a half times a week (Insert “Who is having sex half a time?” joke here.)
Rounding out the Top 10 most sexually active cities are:
3. Washington D.C. 86
4. Los Angeles 82
5. New York 80
6. Boston 79
7. Chicago 73
8. Dallas / Ft. Worth 73
9. Philadelphia 73
10.San Francisco 60
But quantity does not equal quality. When it comes to the most satisfied cities, Houston drops to number 3 with 70% satisfied with their sex lives, and Atlanta rises to the top with 73%. (I may have to rethink my suggestion to make the ATL just a side trip…) And NYC, number 5 on the frequency list, slides into second place with 71% liking what they’re getting. (If you can make it there…)
The rest of the Top 10 most sexually satisfied cities are:
4. Dallas/Ft. Worth 67%
5. Chicago 66%
6. Los Angeles 66%
7. Washington D.C. 65%
8. Philadelphia 64%
9. San Francisco 63%
10. Boston 60%
What else did Trojan uncover about our sex lives?
- Seems 63% of American wish they were having more sex. (I wish they would have provided contact info.)
- 21% of us are “extremely satisfied” with our sex lives, while 30% are “dissatisfied”.
- More than half of us (53%) describe our sex lives as: “predictable,” “lukewarm,” and “depressing” while 23% would say their sex life is “hot.”
- 80% believe having a good sex life is an important part of their health and well being. (Which is why I always suggest playing doctor.)
- 73% think having sex without orgasm is like “Fourth of July without fireworks.”
- 76% want to find ways to make their sex lives more exciting.
- 71% are “always” looking for ways to increase their pleasure.
- And 60% believe using vibrators and other toys could spice up their sex lives.